The Charter Township of Redford and the Redford Township Police and Fire Civil Service Commission are accepting = applications for the position of full-time Entry-Level and/or Lateral Transfer Firefighter for the purpose of establishing an eligibility list.
A lateral transfer candidate shall transfer directly into the established wage scale,
based on the number of prior years of service.
1 Year – $57,038
2 Years – $60,603
3 Years – $62,775
4 Years – $67,732
5+ Years – $73,080
A “year of service” is defined as a minimum of 2,808 hours worked as a fire medic.
Health insurance is offered through Blue Cross/Blue Shield HSA with the deductible funded by the Township. Both optical and dental coverage is provided. We also offer defined benefit retirement and retiree healthcare.
$3000 Academy Reimbursement After Successful Completion of Probation. (New Hires Only)
Only completed applications including copies of the following will be considered:
- State of Michigan Firefighter I and II Certification.
- State of Michigan Paramedic Certification.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (BLS & ACLS) Certifications.
- Firefighter’s Testing Program Written and CPAT Certification. If a current full time firefighter the CPAT can be waived.
- Successful completion of EMPCO written examination or Certificate for Conference of Western Wayne (CWW).
Applications may be obtained at the personnel office at Redford Township Hall between the hours of 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday, or downloaded from our website www.redfordtwp.com.
Submit completed application and required documentation to:
Charter Township of Redford
Attn: Personnel Department
15145 Beech Daly Road
Redford Township, MI 48239
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin or disability. Individuals with disabilities should request reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act prior to testing.
Closing date has been extended to Open Until Filled